Friday, January 5, 2007

The Benefits of Honey

Did you know there are benefits to honey? Besides being a better option than refined, white sugar, honey is believed to reduce your cholesterol. Living in a small country like Sweden, it is very easy to buy local produce but I know how hard it is to find these types of things in the states. It's so easy just to head to your local grocery store on the corner and pick up all your ingredients, but if the benefit of having local produce is this, then maybe it is worth the effort to go out of your way. Since I drink two cups of coffee a day and in that coffee I add milk and sugar, I've decided to replace the sugar with honey. I postponed this decision for quite a while, but now that I have done it I can tell you that I cannot taste a difference.

Now for a little more about this site - as I mention in my previous post, I am not a nutritionist or a professional trainer. I have, however, now linked this site to my other site so I will definitely have more people looking at this than just me and my husband. That being said, I also know there are people out there who know more about working out and nutrition than me so please feel free to comment when I am speaking out of turn or incorrectly about something. Most of what I am saying comes from what I have learned through the years of working out, listening to my body and reading lots and LOTS of articles on health. This site is more of a way for me to chronicle my process, share information I find interesting as well as take lots of food photos (I needed a justification, I guess, for this current obsession).

Enough of a disclaimer? Good!

No comments: